Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanksgiving Continued

As stated in yesterdays post, planning is the key to a stress free holiday season. I myself get a true joy of planning for the holidays. Cooking and preparing a large spread of delicious food for everyone gives me a sense of satisfaction that doesn’t come with other things. Working in a restaurant only gives you a few short moments of satisfaction because most of your day is handling several items at one time and usually isn’t in the preparation if the food. Managing a commercial kitchen is made up of deliveries, employee problems, quality issues, equipment problems and many others but cooking for family and friends when planned and executed correctly will give you a great sense of satisfaction and joy.

What are you planning for this holiday season? Is it the usual turkey cooked the same way you have fixed it that last ten years in a row or do you have the confidence in trying something new to your recipe? I love trying new recipes or creating my own. Maybe it’s time for you to venture out and try something new too!

Here are some recipes I found online you may want to try from the food network. I will be featuring my own recipes in the next couple of days.
Roast Turkey with Gravy

Please continue to check in on this blog several times a week. I will be adding some exciting items soon such as cookware reviews and suggestions, recipes from my own creation and some of which I have tried and loved. I will also be adding some restaurant reviews now and then along with some of my favorite places to shop for high quality foods and some great wines. I want to also add some menu’s for your daily home cooking. It’s always great to get a recipe on how to fix a nice main dish like fish, chicken, beef, pork or lamb but you usually don’t have good suggestions on what sides to serve with it. The simple dishes of corn, greenbeans or the grocery box sides can get pretty boring and I don’t ever suggest them. Yes, they are good in a flash but wouldn’t you rather have something fresh and much more delicious that may only take a few more minutes to create? I know I would and do.

Please leave a comment on what you think so far and also what kind of content you would like to see in this blog. I look forward to reading them. Here’s to great cooking and good times!

The Home Chef

No comments: